作业：根据小组成员的时间，精力，以及资金，小组投票确定 1 个要投资的 County。 详细阐述该 County 的拍卖规则， 并说明做出选择该 County 的原因。
我们小组选择的County是加州San Bernardino County。我们选择San Bernardino County的原因如下：
- 地大人多。面积52,073平方公里，是美国本土面积最大的County。人口众多， 2021年人口2.2 Million, 加州第五大人口County.因此土地和房屋也会相对比较多
- 比较贫困County，Tax Defaulted Properties 比较多
- 地理位置：包括在 Greater Los Angeles area。 加州是美国房地产市场最火热的地区之一，房价也较高。San Bernardino County 与 Los Angeles county, Orange county, Riverside county 相邻， 这些地方的房价也会间接地影响辐射San Bernardino County.
- 5月8-14日有Tax Deed 拍卖， 小组成员可以学习并实践。
Tax Sale Rule
- San Bernardino county is online Tax Deeds sale. Tax sale website：https://sbcounty.mytaxsale.com
Organized by County Tax Collector.
Conducted by an independent contractor, Grant Street Group
This year’s tax sale is scheduled for May 8. 2021 through May 14,2021.
- The properties shall be sold to the highest bidder.
- Property is assessed each January 1st for the upcoming fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
If your supplemental tax bill is not paid by June 30th after the second installment becomes delinquent, the property becomes tax defaulted. At the end of the fifth year of delinquency the property becomes subject to the power of sale.
- The tax deed redemption period in California is five years. You can pay off the delinquent amounts during this time and stop a tax sale from happening. 5:00 p.m. on the last business day prior to the sale is the deadline. No extended right of redemption in the State of California
- No Warranties by County or its Tax Collector. `All properties are offered and sold on an “as is” basis only. The bidders need to do the due diligence.
- Tax liens take priority over almost all other liens against the property. This includes judgment liens taken by unsecured creditors and even first and second mortgages and deeds of trust. Only government liens such as IRS lien, for state or federal taxes take precedence over lien holders.
- There’s one year expected period before clear title can be obtained
Process to start
- Register on the website
- Review the recorded Demo on the Home page
- Read the Tax Deed Instructions documents
- Submit the required deposit Aadvance deposit of $5000 and a non-refundable $35 bid deposit processing fee must be made online through the electronic auction website via eCheck (ACH / Electronic Debit). Your deposit must be submitted at least five (5) full business days before the auction opens for bidding.
General Auction Rules
- A Bidder that submits a Winning Bid is irrevocably obligated to purchase the property for which a Winning Bid was submitted. This Winning Bid will be binding and may not be rescinded or revoked. A bid is not a Winning Bid until the auction of that property closes.
- Prior to bidding, a Bidder must register and submit deposit funds to Grant Street Group in the amount to be established by the County prior to each sale. In the event a Bidder wins a property, funds shall be applied from the Bidder’s deposit to the sale price immediately after the auction closes.
- The balance of payment plus any documentary transfer fees due from the Winning Bidder must be received by the San Bernardino County Tax Collector within five (5) business days from the close date of the items won in the sale.. In the event the highest Bidder on the auction fails to comply with the settlement requirements, then that Bidder’s deposit shall be forfeited to the County.
- If for any reason a Bidder is disconnected from the auction website during an auction after having submitted a Winning Bid, such Winning Bid shall be valid and binding upon that Bidder.
- Grant Street Group and the San Bernardino County Tax Collector will not accept any bid that generates an error message until the error is corrected and that bid is resubmitted.
- Only registered Bidders that abide by the bidder qualifications on the site may submit bids. Grant Street Group and the San Bernardino County Tax Collector reserve the right to deny access to the auction website to any Bidder, whether registered or not, at any time and for any reason whatsoever, in their sole and absolute discretion.
- A Bidder is responsible for protecting their password and User ID. Neither Grant Street Group nor the San Bernardino County Tax Collector are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of a Bidder’s password.
- A Bidder who submits a bid by clicking the “Submit” button must confirm the bid by reviewing the confirmation dialogue box and then clicking the “Confirm” button to confirm. In general, once a Bidder has submitted and confirmed a bid, the bid will be binding and may not be rescinded or revoked.
- If any bidder becomes a leading bidder within two (2) minutes prior to the scheduled close time, then the close time will be automatically extended for two (2) minutes from the time such new leading bid was received by the auction website. The close time will continue to be extended, indefinitely, until the leading bidder remains the leading bidder for at least two (2) minutes.
268 West Hospitality Lane, First Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0360
222 W. Hospitality Lane - 4th Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0311
222 W. Hospitality Lane – 1st Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0022
Land Use Services
385 North Arrowhead Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0187
222 W. Hospitality Lane, 2nd Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0450
825 East Third Street
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0835