与毒共舞, 地主疫情求生记(1)

upwind66

Administrator
管理成员
作者:龙猫君

写在前面的话:疫情当下,作为小地主最闹心的事情就是收不到房租,或者租客借着疫情联合起来抵制交房租。

北美地产学堂的老师、嘉宾、学生们会陆续推出系列疫情求生记:写下自己的亲身经历来帮助地主在当前的疫情下保护好自己的一亩三分地,希望能帮到有同样烦恼的你。

报告显示,过去两周有近1000万美国人申请了失业保险。据估计,多达三分之一的美国工人可能会因冠状病毒危机而失业,这比大萧条期间的失业人数还要多。

随着即将到来的第一个月,“租金罢工”与#CancelRent,#KeepYourRent,#RentZero,#FoodNotRent一起开始流行,活动人士敦促租房者面临困难,优先考虑基本需求,经行所谓的“租金大罢工”。甚至像芝士蛋糕工厂这样的大型连锁企业也从其商业房东那里扣压租金,以保护其工人。

根据《Rent Strike 2020》的信息,至少有150万租房者签署了扣缴租金的承诺,在美国所有50个州以及华盛顿特区和美国的四个地区进行了努力。诸如5 Demands之类的组织工具已经出现,它是一种在线工作,通过将租房者与全国主要城市的工作联系起来,使 “罢工信息” 变得“ 可访问和授权”。

虽然房东们正在与租户合作推迟租金支付,但有的租户正在利用这一机会在多个租赁物业中组织更大的联盟。4月1日上午,一群32名租户在芝加哥举行Rent Strike,倡导者呼吁冻结租金。在洛杉矶,激进分子发起抗议活动,呼吁城市取消租金。

一些拥护者和官员正在采取进一步措施:加州住房领导者联盟将给州长加文·纽瑟姆(Gavin Newsom)30天的时间,发布租金和抵押免除计划,否则将在5月1日面临全州范围内的协调性租金罢工。

Raghuveer说,现在很清楚,危机的时间表将是数月而不是数周,而且可能还会有数以百万计的美国人受到影响,租金罢工正在全国范围内打开。Homes Guarantee在4月2日组织了一次租户培训课程,讨论在未来几个月内开展更大范围的基层工作,能够进行大规模组织 “租金罢工 ”。

随后,San Jose City Counsel于4月7日下午1:30召开virtual meeting,讨论诸多事项,其中一个让人大跌眼镜的就是,Rent Suspension!听上去不可思议吧,就算是房客愿意/已经交了房租,也让房东吐出来。

建议包括以下三点:

1、允许居住房租客在证明因为新冠疫情的原因遭受到重大的经济影响的前提下,暂停支付房租;

2、暂停支付房租可以溯及既往到2020年4月1日;

3、如果该动议被通过,则房东可能需要归还房客已经支付的房租;

San Jose的这个动议如果通过,恐怕湾区或者全加州都会跟进。

作为疫情下的地主,这些真是“雪上加霜”的坏消息,怎么才能保护好地主们的切身利益呢?

请在2020年4月7日中午12:00之前,将comments发往如下邮件地址:[email protected]

California Apartment Association提供的sample email如下:

Dear Mayor Liccardo and City Council Members, I am a property owner in San Jose who has worked hard to car for my buidling and the residents who call my building home. Like my residents, I worry about the impact the COVID-19 pandemic is having on our community. As a housing provider, I want to keep my tenants housed while continuing to pay my vendor and employees.

However, the proposal authored by Councilmembers Carrasco and Parelez places me in financial peril and essentially stops me from working with my tenants to develop a plan through which we can all come out of this crisis with our homes and teh ability to pay our bills.I am working with every tenant impacted by the COVID-19 crisis. While deferring rent may be necessary temporarily, being forced to forgive rent would leave me unable to pay the mortgage, my employees in our rental community or the vendors who service the units. The domino effect of this proposal is catastrophic.

As an owner of rental units, I can seek SBA ssistance or mortgage forbearance, however, these requests take time to materialize, as I am not the only one trying to get help and there is no guarantee I will get approved for this assistance.

I ask the City Council to focus on real solutions to this crisis, such as financial assistance to tenants to help them pay rent or to landlords who are deferring rent.

北美地产学堂的嘉宾三马老师更是写了一封有理有据的信;

Dear Mayor and City council members,

Being a small property owners, we are strongly against the proposal for 3 month rents forgiven program for SJ, reasons are below:

1. While we (BAHN alongside 4 other non-profit organizations) are busy raising funds and ordering face masks, face shields and surgical gloves (we collected in excess $60k in fund and imported tens of thousands of face masks for distribution to bayarea healthcare workers, see photos attached), SJ City council is busy plotting how to rub the property owners dry, this is so shameful to take advantage of this Corona virus crisis situation to come up with such unfair proposal! What is the spirit of We are ALL in this together?
  1. Last time we check, there is no delay in property tax, insurance, utility bills, repairs upkeep expenses, and as far as mortgages, per lenders/banks which are the real owners of the properties, the forbearance program is only for 3 months extension, but NOT loan forgiven.
  1. You guys are the leaders of the city, so let us lead by examples. How about starting with donating 3 months of salary from all city council members and housing department senior staffs, before expecting ordinary residents and property owners to follow your lead?
A concern resident, and small property owner

译文如下:

1、现在全国都在集中精力跟Corona Virus 斗,我们BAHN跟其他四个组织忙着分配募捐回来的几万只口罩,市议会却在趁火打劫,出台一些损害地主利益的政策。疫情当下,无论是地主还是租户都应该同舟共济,共度难关。

2、我们查过,地税、保险、utility、维修费用都没有延付,房贷是有forbearance program 也仅是可以延期三个月并不是全免,三个月之后贷款还是需要还的,lenders/banks 才是物业的真正主人。

3、你们都是被老百姓选出来的,应该做榜样的力量,所以我建议SJ 市全部市议员及住房部门的高管们,先把自己的三个月工资捐出来给租客,然后才期待普通老百姓做同样的事,领袖和领导们应该先以身做责。

也许在加州之后,各蓝州也会出台同样的Rent Suspension 政策。冠状病毒危机不应该成为房客不付房租的借口,那些有能力支付的人需要支付房租。

良性的系统应该是:需要付费的人付费,房东帮助那些不能负担的人,银行帮助那些因无法支付租金的人而受到伤害的房东。

作为地主的你,也请行动起来,努力地保护地主的合法权益。希望疫情赶紧过去,祝愿大家都国泰民安。

顶部